Easy + Delicious (nearly) Homemade Brownies
At the Leavenworth Vineyard Townhouse, we believe in making the most of our kitchen. And an easy + delicious way to do that is to bring along four ingredients, and to employ our utensils, bowls, and pans to whip up a chocolatey treat. These brownies are a FAN FAVE in our circle of friends and colleagues and will soon be with yours, as well. Here goes:
All you need to mix up some delicious brownies is FOUR ingredients. (Wine optional)
- 2 packages of chocolate brownie mix (we recommend the Ghiradelli Double Chocolate from Costco)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 Cup butter, melted and allowed to cool slightly (or it will melt the chocolate chips)
- 1 regular size package of Oreos or generic brand equivalent.
- ALSO ADD....
- ½ Cup water (NOTE: we don't count water as an actual ingredient because you don't have to buy it at the store...Julia Child might agree in this case)
REMEMBER: Drop the oven temp to 325 just before putting your pan in the oven
- Preheat the oven to 350. Just before you put the pan in DROP the temp to 325 degrees!
- Beat the eggs, add to the brownie mix then add the melted butter and water to the mix.
- Coarsely crush the Oreos in a large bag with your hands or a rolling pin.
- Keep the pieces pretty big. Mix some into the batter. Batter will be thick. Reserve some and sprinkle on top.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 baking pan and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Check done-ness by inserting a fork or knife into the brownies. Sometimes you'll need to “pop” the temp back up to 350 in the last few minutes. When your implement comes out (mostly) clean, you are good to go. When in doubt, underbake. It will always “coast” to done.
Bring 4 ingredients, we've got the rest to make these YUMMY brownies.
NOTE: You can swirl in warmed peanut or other nut butter into one side or throughout pan, to make a chocolatey-nut-buttery dessert. These may or may not be gone before they are done cooling!